Parents wishing to enrol students in Kindergarten - Year 6 are asked to complete an official enrolment form before or during the fixed annual enrolment period which occurs during the first three weeks of May each year. Applications for Enrolment may be collected from our Lowe St Campus or MacQuoid St Campus offices. They are open from 9 am and 4 pm daily.
1. Application for enrolment of students will be accepted during the Canberra-Goulburn Catholic Education enrolment period which occurs during the first three weeks of May each year. Late applications may be accepted after this date.
2. Applicants should turn five years of age by 31 July of the year in which they are due to begin school.
3. Applications will be accepted for four classes.
4. Parents will be notified of acceptance, non-acceptance or placement on a waiting list.
5. In the event of an excess of applications, negotiations will take place with parents as to the placement of their child according to the following principles:
- Primarily, consideration will be given to Catholic children
- Consideration to be given to children who have siblings enrolled at St Gregory's School
- Late applicants will be placed if vacancies exist
- A waiting list will be created for those not enrolled in the first round.
6. The Parish Priest and Principal may discuss applicants.
7. Parents of all new enrolments to the school will be interviewed by the Principal or another member of the school leadership team. An appointment is to be made at the time of Application for Enrolment. Families with children already enrolled at the school are also invited to an enrolment interview.
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Current immunisation details
- Copy of the last school report (if transferring from another school).
As soon as possible after enrolment, you will be required to provide documented evidence of the immunisation status of your child. A Certificate needs to be obtained from your local Health Centre. This is a requirement of the Public Health ACT 1992.
All applications for enrolment are to be returned to the school during the Official Enrolment Period. Notification of acceptance or placement on the waiting list will take place in late June/early July.